Thursday, October 07, 2010

Flower Party

   The long serving cart rolled slowly up the path from table to table.  Near the top of the hill, Jack poured some expensive vodka into similarly expensive shot glasses, followed by a healthy portion of water, which overflowed onto the table.  The snooty party guests seemed not to mind.  Somewhere to the side of Jack's field of vision, the ypnaok flower became bookmarked.

   As Jack prepared another round of drinks, Emilio motioned to him from the other side of the rolling serving table.  The two got up from the cart and Jack followed him a short distance away.

   Looking around conspiratorially, Emilio leaned in and said quietly, "I can't really stay where I've been past when I stayed, longer than a day."

   "Does that mean the weekend is out?" asked Jack, slightly puzzled.  Emilio stared blankly back.

   "Saturday, Sunday..." offered Jack.

   "No...I just can't stay here for more than one day," clarified Emilio.

   "Oh, oh," Jack nodded.