Sunday, October 17, 2010

Fiddle Rescue

   "Don't do it, leave it!" yelled the blond girl.  Ignoring the warning, Jack plunged heedlessly under the water in pursuit of his violins.  He reached the first quickly, but the second was floating perilously close to a precipice.  Mustering his speed, Jack snatched it just before it fell into the black void.

   Back on the surface, the blond girl chastised Jack's recklessness.  "You never go back for things!" she said angrily.

   "You don't understand," he replied stubbornly, clearing his eyes of water.  "If I lose it, I...I'm done.  I'm done."

   She floated close to Jack and Gunther, the moonlight catching her eyes.  "Do you two have wives?"

   "No," Jack and Gunther replied.  They floated a while longer, then swam over to the lighted cave on the shore that led back to the park.  Jack needed to examine his instruments for damage.  Even if they had managed to stay dry, the pressure had probably gotten to them.  Climbing out of the water, Jack looked down to see a white undergarment looped around his toe.

   "Whose bra is this?" asked Jack.

   "Oh, that's mine," replied the blond girl.