Thursday, April 22, 2010

Dollhouse Forest

   Jack sat down heavily across the table from Montano, who was nursing a drink.  The moving platform they sat upon moved at a steady pace through the woods, threading its way through the cutaway houses.

   "I've just come from the concert," Jack said to Montano.  "There was a lighting problem.  I had to jury rig the wall lights.  I hope that is what Narin wanted."

   "Hmph.  We'll find out," replied Montano, looking up from his drink.

   Jack took a sip of his own drink, reminiscing about his brief stint as a concert promoter.  He had seen an enormous woodwind instrument that reached toward the ceiling and seemed to weigh several tons owing to its enormous base, though the frizzy-haired man playing it had no trouble supporting its girth.  For how visually striking it'd been, Jack could barely recall it's sub-bass tones.

   Glancing to his left, Jack beheld another cutaway house.  He saw a large sewing room full of child-sized cowboy outfits.

   "Crazy!  How does that work?..." Jack absently remarked to Montano.