For my second post, I will tell the tale of an Apple.
One fine morning, I made a trip to the campus bookstore to purchase textbooks. I ended up buying an obscene amount (11 books for only 2 new classes). I thought, what would help offset this tremendous financial blow? I decided to buy and consume some tea.
I positioned myself in the queue for the local cafe cash register, and while I was trying to decide what kind of tea to get, I saw a basket of apples sitting on the counter. Of course, these apples are there every time I go there, but today something made me want to eat one instead of just giving them the usual friendly nod. So, I bought some earl gray tea and a braeburn apple. I promptly placed the apple in my bag along with the textbooks I had just bought and began the trek back to my room.
Once I arrived, I began to unpack my bag. To my dismay, the apple was nowhere to be found. I thought, how odd that the apple I had just placed in my bag was no longer there. Unusual behavior for an apple. I then retraced my steps all the way back to the cafe, but there was no apple.
I still have not found that apple. I am keeping an eye out, though. I really would like to eat it. I suspect it is hiding in the same place as all those mechanical pencils that keep slipping out of my possession. If anyone sees it, please let me know.